Monday, August 31, 2009
Friday, August 28, 2009
How Do You Get Suction Cups To Stick To Tile?
Flats Rod agrees to broker a comprehensive project for The Citadel
Source: Journal
Source: Journal
"TODAY"
pacense platform that seeks the restoration of this monument met yesterday with President of the Board
28/08/2009
few months ago and after many years of waiting, Badajoz 18 associations gathered to fight for a common goal, that the monuments of this city regain its splendor. The Platform for Comprehensive Rehabilitation born with this task and a first challenge, meet with the three administrations that three years ago signed an agreement to restore this monument, the City Council, the Ministry of Housing and the Junta de Extremadura. Yesterday met this goal with the last meeting at which ensured that the regional government chairman, Guillermo Fernández Vara, you agree to mediate with the other institutions to fulfill this project.
The main request with which this group came to the interview is to carry out an overall plan before starting the work. The problem is that just a month ago, the government delegate, Carmen Pereira, confirmed that it would not and that rehabilitation be implemented in phases, the first of which will begin later this year. "It is a grave error. Begin construction without a design plan and then adapt to what is already done is not logical ", José Manuel Bueno, president of the Civic Association Badajoz City as part of the Platform.
After the meeting with the regional president, Well he was hopeful. "It is responsive to the problem and has agreed to mediate with the Ministry and City Hall to get the whole project." In this regard, Gil Francis, a spokesman for the Platform, adds that Fernandez Vara, "knows the difference between partial and comprehensive rehabilitation and believes that the overall project is necessary. It is a starting point. "
The 12 million
Another claims transmitted to the regional president is that "funding is not lost, those 12 million that was promised when they signed the agreement," says Bueno. In this regard, Fernández Vara said, by the Board, there will be problems and when the project is underway, we will give three million that correspond to the regional administration. Another three million payable by the City Council that recently has said that are reserved for this purpose.
The remaining six are under the Ministry of Housing and Government Executive, Carmen Pereira, said last month that the crisis means that there are other priorities and, for that reason, it is preferable to do the work in phases. These statements very concerned members of the Platform, including the Asociación Amigos de Badajoz. Its representative at the meeting yesterday, Antonio Manzano, Fernández Vara asked "not to lose even one euro of the millions despite the crisis."
Finally, the Platform called the regional manager that recovery is not "just a face lift" but enhances the monumental history of this area. "It seemed a good idea in general, we left the meeting feeling good, "says Fran Gil.
Platform spokesman also used this measure to assess the three meetings held with the institutions involved in rehabilitation. In general, Gil believes that "things have moved but now we must wait for results" but also emphasizes the different feelings that have brought to each meeting. "I think the City Council and Board fully concur while the Ministry or the Government Office sees everything upside down and emphasizes the partial rehabilitation."
In this regard, Antonio Manzano requested the regional president "to lead the project because it is the right person to unlock and have access to the Ministry."
Football collecting signatures
The meeting was also attended by President of Ambition and white, Alvaro Roa, and that his group is also part of the Platform. Roa welcomed the meeting and announced that he collected signatures calling for rehabilitation during the season subscribers of the Club Deportivo Badajoz.
"Ambition-white defends the rights of this team and city. So we participate in this initiative, because this club, 105 years is also the city's heritage. " This philosophy, Badajoz when fans come to collect their tickets, they were informed about the project and ask for your support. In total, in the months leading up the Platform have surpassed the 6,000 signatures.
28/08/2009
few months ago and after many years of waiting, Badajoz 18 associations gathered to fight for a common goal, that the monuments of this city regain its splendor. The Platform for Comprehensive Rehabilitation born with this task and a first challenge, meet with the three administrations that three years ago signed an agreement to restore this monument, the City Council, the Ministry of Housing and the Junta de Extremadura. Yesterday met this goal with the last meeting at which ensured that the regional government chairman, Guillermo Fernández Vara, you agree to mediate with the other institutions to fulfill this project.
The main request with which this group came to the interview is to carry out an overall plan before starting the work. The problem is that just a month ago, the government delegate, Carmen Pereira, confirmed that it would not and that rehabilitation be implemented in phases, the first of which will begin later this year. "It is a grave error. Begin construction without a design plan and then adapt to what is already done is not logical ", José Manuel Bueno, president of the Civic Association Badajoz City as part of the Platform.
After the meeting with the regional president, Well he was hopeful. "It is responsive to the problem and has agreed to mediate with the Ministry and City Hall to get the whole project." In this regard, Gil Francis, a spokesman for the Platform, adds that Fernandez Vara, "knows the difference between partial and comprehensive rehabilitation and believes that the overall project is necessary. It is a starting point. "
The 12 million
Another claims transmitted to the regional president is that "funding is not lost, those 12 million that was promised when they signed the agreement," says Bueno. In this regard, Fernández Vara said, by the Board, there will be problems and when the project is underway, we will give three million that correspond to the regional administration. Another three million payable by the City Council that recently has said that are reserved for this purpose.
The remaining six are under the Ministry of Housing and Government Executive, Carmen Pereira, said last month that the crisis means that there are other priorities and, for that reason, it is preferable to do the work in phases. These statements very concerned members of the Platform, including the Asociación Amigos de Badajoz. Its representative at the meeting yesterday, Antonio Manzano, Fernández Vara asked "not to lose even one euro of the millions despite the crisis."
Finally, the Platform called the regional manager that recovery is not "just a face lift" but enhances the monumental history of this area. "It seemed a good idea in general, we left the meeting feeling good, "says Fran Gil.
Platform spokesman also used this measure to assess the three meetings held with the institutions involved in rehabilitation. In general, Gil believes that "things have moved but now we must wait for results" but also emphasizes the different feelings that have brought to each meeting. "I think the City Council and Board fully concur while the Ministry or the Government Office sees everything upside down and emphasizes the partial rehabilitation."
In this regard, Antonio Manzano requested the regional president "to lead the project because it is the right person to unlock and have access to the Ministry."
Football collecting signatures
The meeting was also attended by President of Ambition and white, Alvaro Roa, and that his group is also part of the Platform. Roa welcomed the meeting and announced that he collected signatures calling for rehabilitation during the season subscribers of the Club Deportivo Badajoz.
"Ambition-white defends the rights of this team and city. So we participate in this initiative, because this club, 105 years is also the city's heritage. " This philosophy, Badajoz when fans come to collect their tickets, they were informed about the project and ask for your support. In total, in the months leading up the Platform have surpassed the 6,000 signatures.
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Funny Thing To Write About A Number
University of Santiago won
With the great joy of those who are teachers in this house for Advanced Studies, attached note on relevant achievement of students of Architecture USACH:
Students Rodrigo Gonzalez Muñoz Matias and Nicolas Folch and Professor Rodrigo Aguilar of the University of Santiago, were first place winners in the Competition IV Architectural Wood hosted by the Technology Transfer Centre Timber CORMA CTT, which involved 55 projects from 18 universities in the country, with a total of 200 students, who designed an Indoor Swim Center and Rowing Club in Valdivia.
The second contest was for students Jonathan Cares, Gustavo Miranda and Paul Feeley, with Professor Rodrigo Aguilar, University of Santiago. Third place, meanwhile, went to Jose Salinas, José Luis Undurraga, Manuel Cambranis and Professor Paul Talhouk, the Universidad Finis Terrae.
The award ceremony was held at the Cultural Center Matucana 100, was attended by representatives from the Ministry of Public Works, the director of CTT, Larrain Ignacio, and various representatives from business, academic and related professional architecture and construction. The awards ceremony was held at the Cultural Center Matucana 100.
Participants had to develop a center consisting of an Olympic swimming pool, gym and cafeteria and a rowing club, with a total area of \u200b\u200b4,500 square meters within the urban area of \u200b\u200bValdivia.
The winning team in the student category received $ 1,500,000, one of whom also travel to Germany in December 2010 to attend the Congress of Wood Structures "Holzbau Forum, with support from Henkel. The prize for second place was $ 1,000,000, while the third place received $ 500,000.
On the occasion, Ignacio Larraín said the contest, held for the fourth consecutive year, aims to promote awareness of wood as a material and research on its potential, its technologies and its multiple uses and applications in the area construction, such as structures, coatings and finishes, among others. He highlighted the sponsorship has given the Ministry of Public Works to competition, allowing work to develop this portfolio you plan to run and the big announcement that has had this version of the competition.
also surrendered four honorable mentions, which fell in the project of the University of Santiago de Igor Aqueda students and teacher Andrés Maximiliano Plá and Atria.
The panel of judges was composed of outstanding professionals related to architecture and construction in wood: Juan Acevedo, Juan Pablo Rojas, Enrique Browne, Sergio San Martín, Humberto Eliash, Wayne Stevens, Christian and Martin Hurtado Valdés, who heads the agency .
The exhibition at the Cultural Center Matucana 100 through August 9, subsequently exhibited at the Sala Isidora Arauco Company until 24 August and then travel to Valdivia to be displayed in a location to be determined.
First Place: UniversidadSantiago http://www.corma.cl/documentos/ctt/1er_lugar_concurso_% 202009.jpg
Second Place: Universidad de Santiago
(Article appeared on the Web CORMA: www.corma.cl/portal/noticias/2009-08/id_1249497093662)
Students Rodrigo Gonzalez Muñoz Matias and Nicolas Folch and Professor Rodrigo Aguilar of the University of Santiago, were first place winners in the Competition IV Architectural Wood hosted by the Technology Transfer Centre Timber CORMA CTT, which involved 55 projects from 18 universities in the country, with a total of 200 students, who designed an Indoor Swim Center and Rowing Club in Valdivia.
The second contest was for students Jonathan Cares, Gustavo Miranda and Paul Feeley, with Professor Rodrigo Aguilar, University of Santiago. Third place, meanwhile, went to Jose Salinas, José Luis Undurraga, Manuel Cambranis and Professor Paul Talhouk, the Universidad Finis Terrae.
The award ceremony was held at the Cultural Center Matucana 100, was attended by representatives from the Ministry of Public Works, the director of CTT, Larrain Ignacio, and various representatives from business, academic and related professional architecture and construction. The awards ceremony was held at the Cultural Center Matucana 100.
Participants had to develop a center consisting of an Olympic swimming pool, gym and cafeteria and a rowing club, with a total area of \u200b\u200b4,500 square meters within the urban area of \u200b\u200bValdivia.
The winning team in the student category received $ 1,500,000, one of whom also travel to Germany in December 2010 to attend the Congress of Wood Structures "Holzbau Forum, with support from Henkel. The prize for second place was $ 1,000,000, while the third place received $ 500,000.
On the occasion, Ignacio Larraín said the contest, held for the fourth consecutive year, aims to promote awareness of wood as a material and research on its potential, its technologies and its multiple uses and applications in the area construction, such as structures, coatings and finishes, among others. He highlighted the sponsorship has given the Ministry of Public Works to competition, allowing work to develop this portfolio you plan to run and the big announcement that has had this version of the competition.
also surrendered four honorable mentions, which fell in the project of the University of Santiago de Igor Aqueda students and teacher Andrés Maximiliano Plá and Atria.
The panel of judges was composed of outstanding professionals related to architecture and construction in wood: Juan Acevedo, Juan Pablo Rojas, Enrique Browne, Sergio San Martín, Humberto Eliash, Wayne Stevens, Christian and Martin Hurtado Valdés, who heads the agency .
The exhibition at the Cultural Center Matucana 100 through August 9, subsequently exhibited at the Sala Isidora Arauco Company until 24 August and then travel to Valdivia to be displayed in a location to be determined.
First Place: UniversidadSantiago http://www.corma.cl/documentos/ctt/1er_lugar_concurso_% 202009.jpg
Second Place: Universidad de Santiago
(Article appeared on the Web CORMA: www.corma.cl/portal/noticias/2009-08/id_1249497093662)
Carlos Mu? Oz Parra
Doctor Architect
Brent Everett & Brent Corrigan (2/3)
The Platform for Comprehensive Rehabilitation of the Alcazaba complaint further delays to the works of Carmen Pereira
Saturday, August 1, 2009
What Special Should I Do For My Best Friend
monument meets with members of the Platform for Comprehensive Rehabilitation of the Alcazaba
Source: Digital Region At that meeting, the company has informed them that the work of the first phase of rehabilitation is auctioned next month September and members of the Platform requires that shine through comprehensive rehabilitation project.
The Government delegate in Extremadura, Carmen Pereira received Thursday at the Government Delegation in Badajoz to members of the Platform for Comprehensive Rehabilitation of the Alcazaba de Badajoz.
As pointed out by Government Executive, Carmen Pereira, the Ministry of Housing tender before September, the works for the rehabilitation of the wall of the Arab Alcazaba Badajoz, in the corresponding segment between the car door and the door of Alpéndiz.
:
-
Badajozcity.com . -
El Periódico Extremadura. - Badajoz
Chronicle. - newspaper Hoy
. - Cadena COPE
.
-
Badajozcity.com . -
El Periódico Extremadura. - Badajoz
Chronicle. - newspaper Hoy
. - Cadena COPE
.
Subscribe to:
Comments (Atom)